Hoping to gain a better understanding of people who have cerebral palsy to create new/useful product — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hoping to gain a better understanding of people who have cerebral palsy to create new/useful product

Options
jimmypgapro
jimmypgapro Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2017 in Cerebral palsy
Hi my name is James, I am an undergraduate student from Loughborough University. 
I am looking to get a better understanding of cerebral palsy with the hope of creating a sports product that will help people with the condition compete in recreational/competitive sports. Any help or insight into difficulties faced would be a really great help. Thanks!

Comments

• Ajk110
    Ajk110 Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    Options

Hi @jimmypgapro and thank you for your post. The condition affects people in different ways so I would imagine that everyone’s experiences of sport will be different. I hope you’ll get a good selection of answers so you can start to identify themes and decide where you’d like to focus in terms of the challenges you’d like your product to address. Do you have any early ideas?

• jimmypgapro
    jimmypgapro Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Ajk110 , thanks for the reply. My group are currently trying to get a broader idea of what products are currently in the sports market  but we have mainly been discussing/ looking at better ways to aid balance and control for cycling, skiing and football. As always suggestions and opinions are most welcome! Thanks

Brightness