do you think it right to replace DLA with PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

do you think it right to replace DLA with PIP?

Declanpearson
Declanpearson Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
-

do you think it right to replace DLA with PIP? 11 votes

yes
18%
AlexWaterLily 2 votes
no
72%
SquiggMatildaCastleford1crissySkylark45samparrot123dorothy1926Kazza2010 8 votes
don't konw
9%
russellcroker 1 vote

Comments

• Declanpearson
    Declanpearson Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Those who higher rate. 
  • WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    yes
    I think it's a personal thing. 
    I went from enhanced mobility/no care to enhanced mobility/standard care. 
    Never thought I would get the care component,so I am happy with the result. 

Had DLA still been in place, I probably would never thought of applying for the DLA care component. It was a lifetime award as well, so nobody from the DWP would have checked up on me to see if I needed any more help, I was happy just to receive DLA mobility. (15 years). 
    But with PIP replacing DLA has made things better for me. So yes, I am happy PIP has replaced DLA. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    no
    Those awarded DLA indefinitely should have kept it.  The goalposts have been moved retrospectively with the change from DLA to PIP which is an immoral decision.   And the transition from DLA to PIP is a vicious obstacle course and very stressful.  Fill in a long, somewhat tricky form; inquisitorial face to face assessment by an under-trained, so-called 'health professional' after which the assessor lies in their report to DWP; DWP decision which largely ignores claim form and relies heavily on assessor's lies.  Mandatory reconsideration which in most cases makes no change; appeal to tribunal and tribunal hearing.  I am awaiting the last stage
  • Squigg
    Squigg Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    no
    I was on middle rate for care and high rate mobility.... on dla. Then when I had to be transferred to pip I was then on standard on mobility and echarand on care I really did think I would fail it all cos of my 3 good friends of mine had sadly... It was hell of a fight..
  • Skylark45
    Skylark45 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    no
    I was on higher rate of DLA  the I had to be assessed and I lost both I appealed and lost that I have a long life disability I have cystic fibrosis I'm taking it to the tribuneral next 
  • Squigg
    no
    Ooh no ppl can be evil 
  • nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    yes, i was on middle rate care and high rate mobility on DLA  now on PIP i get high on both, but i still think they are being realy hard on a lot of people
  • Squigg
    no
    Yep Oh well done to u I just founded out why I was on middle rate on care gone to high rate cos of drop attacks that I now suffer from 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.