Hi, my name is agreived! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is agreived!

Options
agreived
agreived Community member Posts: 2 Listener
To be a carer you have love,duty & respect!When that person dies you are alone!
 You will generally find you're not entitled to any benefit.Carers allowance pays a credit contribution to a possible future pension,not national insurance contributions.So for being a government slave 35 hours minimum at £62 a week is not the minimum wage! Used/ abused and dumped on at the end.

Comments

• agreived
    agreived Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Why do this so do gooder organisations not take action! Carers association etc.We are all saving these aurhoritive pig trophers a fortune in nursing home fees.Rise up help the future slaves.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @agreived has this been your experience? It sounds very difficult!

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

*Calls to the Adviceline are free if you are calling from any landline or from the following mobile phone networks:

• T-Mobile
    • Vodafone
    • Orange
    • O2
    • Everything Everywhere (EE)
    • Virgin Mobile
    Why do this so do gooder organisations not take action! Carers association etc.We are all saving these aurhoritive pig trophers a fortune in nursing home fees.Rise up help the future slaves.
    @agreived I have every sympathy for carers. It is not unusual for carers to lose their homes, income and often will have suffered from mental and/or physical health problems.

However to say that organisations are not doing anything is simply wrong. Organisations like Carers UK have done a lot to highlight various issues for carers, including what happens when their caring duties come to an end.

In its submission to the carers strategy evidence in 2016 it included:

 A new programme of work looking to support former carers – and support pre and post-bereavement, including a review of benefits to give longer benefit runons and support with returning to work.

I would strongly recommend you give them a call on 0808 808 7777 as they will be able to discuss your individual circumstances and advise you what benefits you are now entitle to.

*Calls to the Adviceline are free if you are calling from any landline or from the following mobile phone networks:

• T-Mobile
    • Vodafone
    • Orange
    • O2
    • Everything Everywhere (EE)
    • Virgin Mobile

Calls from other networks may not be free so check with your provider.  Charges will also apply for any calls made outside of the UK.

I hope you are able to get some help and advice as you don't deserve to be treated like this.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness