Anyone heard of SmartCRUTCH? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone heard of SmartCRUTCH?

lisat3103
lisat3103 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, looks like I'll be needing to use elbow crutches round the house from now on, and thought I should invest in some new ones. Mine must be nearly 30 years old  and I thought they must have invented some better ones by now. I found some called SmartCRUTCH, but they're £104.00!!! If they're that good and worth it, I'd buy them as they'd be used a lot, but I wouldn't want to just order them online without trying them first. 
Does anyone know where/how I could try before I buy?
Cheers, Lisa

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • anaqi
    anaqi Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    I have Smart Crutches.  They are expensive but they are worth it.  They are very well designed so that the ferrule always has full contact with the ground.  Also they are very adjustable so they support your forearm instead of putting all your weight through your wrists.  They are also height adjustable and come in different sizes.  I have the petite ones as I'm 5 ft 2.

The down side is they are heavier than normal elbow crutches, they are quite bulky and being top heavy they are more likely to fall over if you prop them up against the wall.

I don't know of anywhere you can try them out but if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.  

Brightness