Pip review help needed please

Options
miawag
miawag Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi all, any help most appreciated please.

I will have my review paperwork soon and i will need to send back . I had my award for 10 yrs that's up now. I started having seizures during the 10 yrs but didn't update my pip as i felt it wouldn't alter my award. On the form where it asks about your conditions should I now add the epilepsy because I've been seizure free fir two yrs as its so far being controlled oretty well by the medication I'm worried incase it pushes it from just a review onto a whole new brand new claim all over again or will they just. Review it with my existing things. Please could you help as my medication list my script obviously has my medication listed and my medical evidance also will show it. Thank you xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,196 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Is this a light tough review or a normal review?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @miawag, looks like you're in good hands with Poppy, but I just wanted to say welcome to the community! Good luck with your review, hope it goes okay 😊

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • miawag
    Options

Hi poppy I'm not sure what forms coming out I tried to ask was it a light touch review or the ar1 form they didn't wantbto say just said don't worry toll it arrives.

• Littlefatfriend
    Littlefatfriend Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options

Hi Miawag

I was epileptic between the ages of 6 and 12 (I'm now 51).

With epilepsy one is considered no longer to have it after five years without a seizure. I'd suggest adding it because it can't hurt and may increase your award.

That's advice.

Good luck

Luke

• miawag
    Options

Thank you so much luke for your advice its all rather baffling for me this review with the seizures. As they do seem to be under control. Would I still use the sezuires in my daily living etc as I don't do things alone, bath etc always still habe sonekne close by etc

• Littlefatfriend
    Littlefatfriend Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options

I'm pleased to help if I may, thanks.

I worked in advocacy for a long time and one of the greatest lessons that taught me was the potential benefits of research online.

My last seizure was 39 years ago so I'm not an expert in this aspect of PIP, but at least these lot (and various other groups etc online) are:

https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/living/benefits/personal-independence-payment-pip-and-epilepsy As you may see, it will depend whether your seizures have been when you're awake, but lots of people get higher rate PIP for their epilepsy alone.

It certainly can't do any harm to your claim to mention it.

I suggest contacting the people above if their advice doesn't answer your questions. There are quite a few other, similar groups. Ask googly or here's a few more:

https://epilepsysociety.org.uk/living-epilepsy/benefits

https://www.nationalepilepsytraining.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip-for-people-with-epilepsy/

https://www.thebraincharity.org.uk/get-help/epilepsy-and-pip/

If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.