This is personal (delving into baths) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

This is personal (delving into baths)

Eminemma
Eminemma Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I wanted a bath for Mum. But couldn't afford to install and maintain it. Am I the only one? I decided to ask around... fill this in if you have some time and I will return with its findings!  Thanking you! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YL3RWY5 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi Eminemma,

Welcome to the community.

What do you intend to do with the results? Are you planning on starting a cheaper service?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Eminemma
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for asking. Well, the survey is to see if there are many people who feel deprived of having a bath. My ultimate goal would be to have a centrally located safe bathing service (assisted). Whether I get anywhere is another question. But the more support this survey gets, I hope it could lead to as you say, something affordable.

And once I have a consensus, I will talk to my Mum's OT to get advice. Need help on the science behind baths and your support to garner everyone's current experience. My hope of hopes would be social services / NHS part paying for the service; I expect I would then present them with my findings I guess.
  • Eminemma
    I get so angry about unfair treatment...and that includes not having access to baths. But anger isn't getting me anywhere. And Mum still hasn't had a bath :-( So now I'm going to do something about it and get even!

Brightness