PIP RE ASSESSMENT FORM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP RE ASSESSMENT FORM

postiegirl1
postiegirl1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi guys... ive been on pip for 2 years now and have just received my re assessment form.  nothing has changed i  that time... i rarely see my gp (ive just changed surgeries and its nearly impossible to get appointments when needed)  i have repeat prescriptions... so hardly go to the surgery.   the form says not to send in anything over 2 years old... thats all i have !!   do i just tick the no change boxes?  what else is one to do in my circumstances... my consultant just passed me back to my gp for ongoing care... and the last doctor at my last surgery wouldnt give me supporting evidence for love nor money... always said "if atos wants anything from us...they can jolly well write to us "  confused about what to do now

Comments

• tanyac
    tanyac Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    After your f2f write and ask dwp for all documents from the assessment and your previous successful claim and prepare for a battle.ive now got my mp involved as according to the dwp my husband who has autism spectrum dissorder has miraculously been currd and doesnt need help anymore !!
  • postiegirl1
    i really hope we get justice for this one day.. its so wrong... I've been continually hounded since i was ill health retired 7 years ago ... i also claim esa and thats also due for renewal sometime soon... so im ALWAYS  on edge and my nerves are shot to pieces !!   how do i go about getting the stuff  from dwp then?  do i have to do a SAR  request ? 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @postiegirl11 - I suggest that you re-post your questions in the 'Ask a benefits advisor' category where there are benefits experts and/or phone the Scope Helpline.
  • postiegirl1
    oh sorry... never noticed that  category .   will do ty 
  • Abnoba
    Abnoba Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    You can tick the 'no change' box, and explain further in the extra information section on the form, or write an attach a seperate letter. Ask your GP for a letter stating why you don't need to attend the surgery, and that you're on repeat prescriptions. It's important to keep up the relationship with your GP even if you do not visit regularly - you can do this via email, or they can telephone you occasionally - they're more likely to write letters for you when they know you - if your GP refuses either tell them the reason you need it, or find a new one.  You didn't state your condition, nor what type of consultant you had so I cannot advise you re that. Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • postiegirl1
    i have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue as my major issues ... others are a nuisance but those 2 are the blight of my life.   i saw  a rheumatologist on thursday... my first appt since i was diagnosed 7 years ago.  ive asked my surgery for anything they can give me regarding the last 2 years but ive only joined them since ict so i dont think that will be of much use... but its a start.   my last gps would never give ANYTHING  regarding support as the surgery policy was 'if they want anything from us... they need to write to us' ... anyway... im making a start on the form this weekend.  its depressed me so much ive not even attempted it yet
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure that supporting medical evidence obtained by the claimant is always required.  I was on DLA and re-assessed for PIP last autumn.  I gave doctors' details on claim form but didn't obtain any letters from them.  The assessor did ask me questions about my diagnoses and symptoms (but she was a paramedic and I could tell from the blank stare on her face that she hadn't a clue whether I was describing accurate symptoms or not!).  Anyway, I was awarded standard rate daily needs and mobility.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.