PIP rejected due to not providing additional information on time and NEW CLAIM NOT ACCEPTED — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP rejected due to not providing additional information on time and NEW CLAIM NOT ACCEPTED

Options
ewaino
ewaino Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was receiving DLA before I was asked to apply for PIP. I did apply on time but I was unable to fill in the how the disability affects you form on time due to my health condition and circumstances beyond my control. My PIP was rejected and my DLA stopped. I followed the advise given to another member on this side, and I have requested a Mandatory Consideration. Today I have tried to make a new PIP claim, but the advisor told me, that I am unable to do it because their system will not accept  it. I have been advised to call PIP customer service to find out what to do text. It took ages to get through and once I was successful, the person I was connected to rudely stopped the conversation: I was told that I am calling the wrong number and I have to call PIP line to make a new claim. So, I have called PIP again and was told again that I am unable to do it because of the above reason and I was advised to call customer service again. I got really frustrated, and the situation triggered my anxiety and depression: I will not be able to do any phone calls for the next few weeks.  
 Mentally I am unable to do any calls, and especially not to PIP, so I just do not know what to do next. Should I place a complaint in writing? 
All my energy goes into dealing with my RA and the depression related to it, and I do not really have any left to fight with the system.

Comments

• Dougal
    Dougal Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    YOU MUST go the Citizen Advice Bureau Now..
    Get them Behind you
    Hold on in there..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello ewaino

To ensure that i am advising you correctly.  Can i just clarify that when you were being transferred from DLA to PIP, you sent the PIP application in time to the DWP albeit not fully completed. Were you asked to attend an medical assessment? and when did you submit your Mandatory Reconsideration?

You now want to make  a new claim.  Is this because you did not complete the first original PIP form fully, or because your condition has become worse?

I am asking the above as I do not want you to have to go through the stress of completing a new application form without good reason, when it may be worth you waiting for the outcome of your Mandatory Reconsideration.

Kind regards

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

• ewaino
    ewaino Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi, thank you for response.  
    I received a letter saying that  I should apply for PIP over the phone and I have done it on time; there was a deadline. Then I was asked to provide proof of my nationality, what I have done promptly through the job center; I found it to risky to post my passport. Then I was asked to fill in the how the disability affects you form, what I have done but unfortunately not on time. I posted it about 10 days late. I was not fit neither mentally or emotionally to do it earlier. I had to deal not only with my RA flare up but also with my 18 months old son teething (he was screaming day and night) and as well as his injuries ( he badly burned his arm and required few visits in the hospital). I was worn out.  I referred to above reasons when I have requested a Mandatory Consideration; it was few days ago.
    I tried to make a new claim for PIP to cover myself up in case  the Mandatory Consideration is unsuccessful. Someone on this forum was advised to do it in similar situation to mine.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi ewaino

Like my colleague Maria suggests it may well be worth waiting for the outcome of the mandatory reconsideration before attempting to make a new claim because the reasons you have given for sending the form back late could be good enough for them to reopen your PIP claim which if successful would run from the date your DLA ended.

Best wishes

Paul
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.