What does standard rate mobility give you? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does standard rate mobility give you?

filomena
filomena Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ive just applied for pip 
I was on Dla middle rate care and high rate mobility
Been changed to high rate care standard rate mobility.
Doctor said appeal but cab said could stop everthing so i havent appealed.
What does standard rate mobility give you 

Comments

• WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Standard rate mobility is £21.80 per week. 
    You can also get a blue badge for parking and if you have a car, half price tax per year. 
    There maybe other things you are entitled to, if there is,I am sure someone else will come along and say. 

Hope this helps.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • filomena
    filomena Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited March 2017
    I was more worried about my blue badge for when I have my hospital appointments so I'm pleased and thankyou.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @BenefitsTrainingCo can you confirm, do you still get a blue badge on the standard rate of mobility?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    I found this on Diasabled Motoring UK;

You can get a blue badge if you are..

• Receiving a Personal Independence Payment for being unable to walk further than 50 metres that means a score of 8 points or more under the 'moving around' activity of the mobility component.
    Hope this helps. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I get standard rate mobility PIP (10 points) - can't walk over 50 metres and get Blue Badge.  You can also get Blue Badge for 8 points which I think is can't walk over 100 metres.
  • derry
    derry Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited February 2022
    Anyone can need a mobility equipment if they have met with an accident or have been threw any operations or any aged person. Some walking aids are very light weight and easy to carry any where. [link removed by moderator].
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @derry I've removed the link from your post as it breaches the community house rules- we don't allow advertising for paid products or services on the forum. Please do give them a read to familiarise yourself when you can. 

If you're unsure of anything or have any questions please let us know.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Poli80
    Poli80 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi @filomena

as mentioned above, you can still get Blue Badge if you "scored" 8 points or above in mobility part of the form/process, 50% off road tax, check availability for council tax deduction, railway card 30%-50% off, bus pass, water bill reduction ( in general if you receive PIP, but check with your water supplier), priority scheme with almost all gas/electric/water/internet/landline etc suppliers on PIP in general, some leisure centres also offer reductions from fees such as swimming pools etc. Hope that helps. X 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Poli80 said:
    Hi @filomena

as mentioned above, you can still get Blue Badge if you "scored" 8 points or above in mobility part of the form
    This thread is from 2017. That's not quite correct. In England to automatically qualify for a blue badge you need to score at least 8 points in the "moving around" part of mobility.
    For following and planning a journey you need to have scored 10 points in descriptor E, on the grounds that they are unable to undertake any journey because it would cause them overwhelming psychological distress. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/help-for-disabled-travellers1/blue-badge-scheme/applying-for-a-blue-badge/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.