PIP ASSESSMENT REPORT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ASSESSMENT REPORT

charmed
charmed Community member Posts: 53 Connected
WHO DO YOU CALL TO SEE COPY OF YOUR PIP ASSESSMENT REPORT?

atos? Who?

Comments

• charmed
    Home assessment just done
  • RomaFree1
    RomaFree1 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    How did it go? Mine is tomorrow and can't describe how I feel today? 
  • WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Ring the number that is on your PIP letter that came with your form. 
    It took about two weeks for mine to come through. 

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You phone the DWP - as WaterLily says, the number is on correspondence you've had from them about PIP.
  • charmed
    Can i phone them now alother i had it 4 days ago
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You can ask for a copy of the assessor's report at any stage after the assessment - though as another member has said probably it won't be available until 10+ days after assessment.  They deal with them in assessment date order.
  • charmed
  • WaterLily
    Just another point to make is this-

Don't wait for your assessment report to come through if you decide to put in a mandatory reconsideration. 
    After your award letter is recieved by you, (and you think you should appeal) you have 1 month to put in a MR. 
    Your assessment report could come later. 
    I have heard of the reports arriving well after the 1 month timescale. 

Hope this helps.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi, From my experience I slightly disagree with the last advice. I rang the DWP to tell them I wanted a mandatory reconsideration. They then give you a new deadline to send it to them of a month from the date of the phone call which cancels the original deadline of a month from the decision letter. Make sure you keep a written record of the date, time and who you spoke to. This gives you more time to wait for the assessor's report. You really need to see it as it will help you to understand how the Decision Maker reached their decision. In my case the decision was based entirely on the information in the assessor's report. Almost word for word. So even more reason to try and get the report before sending your Reconsideration request. Hope that helps.   
  • WaterLily
    Hi Wildlife,
    I cannot disagree with what you say as I never rang the DWP, I just sent in my letter.
    I recieved my report well after I had sent my MR letter. 
    So, based on what you have said, then the best way to go is to ring DWP first then write to them, as you will get more time. 

As it turned out for me, my assessment report was fairly accurate, with just a few discrepancies. 

I was successful with the mandatory reconsideration and had my award increased. 

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi WaterLily, I only found out by accident that you can get more time by ringing them to tell them what you're going to do. So I can now let others know. My assessment report was full of errors and lies so that affected the decision in a big way as neither the DM or the assessor had used the medical evidence I'd sent to them to make the decision. my story is described in my introduction..  
  • clangers
    clangers Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi there,
    I can well believe it.It wouldn't surprise me if when you send in your initial form that any evidence at this point that you attatch is just ignored or deliberately trashed .

Its not beyond comprehension. Its like a game of 'Call my bluff 'so to speak..and a wait and see if you get a nurses report.   in the meantime.
  • Nugg
    Nugg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My Professor and Dr couldn't provide letters as they were on holiday at the time of my initial claim . I gave the letter to the Assessor who said that she needed my written permission to use them and would call in two days later to get my signature  as she had no forms with her . 
    I waited from 9am until 5pm but no- one arrived. I phoned her company and they said to call back at 5pm but they were then closed . I had offered to give her a letter of permission but she could not accept that seemingly. 
    Anyway I mailed copies of the letters to PIP and to DWP but feel that they will probably be ignored. Disabled people do not need this needless stress .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.