looking for assistive tech apps — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

looking for assistive tech apps

jimmysmom
jimmysmom Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My son, Jimmy, is almost 25 yrs old. He's non-verbal and requires high levels of care. I'm looking for apps he can use on his iPad to communicate and control his Apple TV (Apple TV remote app doesn't show what movies are available). Also looking for a better caregivers communication / tracker / journal  app. 

Comments

• bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Hi,

welcome to the Forum.  Im very new myself

i have an Aspergers Diagnosis, so does my son.

hope to see you about 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jimmysmom how are you getting on? Have you found any apps that you could recommend?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Kim_AssistiveTech
    Kim_AssistiveTech Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    edited June 2017
    The amazing team at Call Scotland put together this PDF with a number of app recommendations on to help with communication, it's worth a look here. It's difficult for me to tell you which one would be best without seeing Jimmy, so perhaps you could take a look at those from the PDF.

In terms of making the iPad a remote for apple TV you can follow the step by step instructions from the apple website here

I unfortunately don't have any experience with any caregiver tracker apps but did find this article from Mashable that may be of help.

Hope this helps, please feel free to get back in touch & let us know how you get on.

Brightness