Hi, my name is claire_bryony! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is claire_bryony!

claire_bryony
claire_bryony Community member Posts: 6 Listener
My daughter is bryony and she's 18 and has been through so many harrowing surgeries in her short life and another coming soon ! If we can help young mums out there with any advice or just a shoulder get in touch x

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @claire_bryony welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a bit more about you and Bryony?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • claire_bryony
    Hey ! 
    Yer my daughter bryony has cp quadriplegic and swan neck deformality , severe scoliosis aswell as extreme  hyper supersensitivity and crazy transfer pain that tells her her foot is hurting when it is actually her shoulder !!
    She is completely wheelchair bound and cannot do most things unaided she needs round the clock care ! She has had some crazy operations too some have worked !! Most haven't
    she has been to the most bazar treatments from companies as people that pray on a mother's hopes and guiltsspending thousands we do not have !!  We don't have any help and Times have been extremely difficult but now bryony is nearly 19 we are both in a position that can guide and help others 
    regards 
    claire and bryony 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    She has been through a lot then! I think you bring up a really valid point about companies preying on vulnerable people, it is a real problem.  As you say, as a parent we will try anything to help our children but there are people out there who will take advantage of that.

It is great to have you both here on the community, do take a look around and if you can offer support or information to other members, that would be wonderful. Welcome to the community  :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • claire_bryony
    Thank you it's a difficult time when your young with a disabled child and even the most bazar treatments mean that us as parents are "doing "something in a world that we have no control in ! And sadly we go for it regardless of the costs emotionally and financially ! We need more knowledge of what is out there for parents to make choices (the right ones ) with help from those that have been there :)

Brightness