Scared I won't get pip due to changing mental health criteria — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scared I won't get pip due to changing mental health criteria

Options
cazwall
cazwall Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i have eupd at the moment i recieve low rate dla this will be changing to pip early next year .i am scared that i wont get pip because the government are changing the criteria for mental health .has anyone else lost their benifits .

Comments

• Mazz
    Mazz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    HELLO,  Caz. I HAVE HAD MY ASSESSMENT AND sought help filling the disturbing, relentless , depressing questions from Age CONCERN OR CAB. they were a great help.  =  I would suggest everyone goes online to look at how points are rewarded. I have a lifelong condition that degenerates and also affects my mood.

• maur64
    maur64 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Personally I think the public need to get a petition up to get rid of pip and atos 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Cazwall, I wouldn't worry too much. The government are going to look at the ruling again and it could well be changed before you apply next year. If not the decision for PIP is based on how the illness/disability affects you and the help you need not on the condition itself. Also there are supposed to be people specially trained in mental health either doing the assessments or helping an ordinary assessor to make the right descriptors. As mazz said read up as much as you can before hand on how it works and get some help if you feel you need it..Good Luck..x

• sundontshine123
    sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Options
    I recently went for a pip review in feb 2017. Lost my pip enhanced
    gave me 4 points mob and 2 daily living.
    I suffer mental health problems ocd depression pAranoi and anxiety. Lower back tinnitus asthma.

I just got awful assessor who did not understand mental health plus she was in rush to go home i have appealed it. Just waiting decision now.

make sure you send plenty of doctors letters ect before f2f.
    we tryed giving assessor ours in f2f she was not interested. Said we had no evidence.
    like i said we had a nad apple our 1st 1 was brilliant understood mh.
    Good luck with your appointment

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.