Help for pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help for pip appeal

Options
clairej
clairej Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I need assistance to oppose my loss of a mutability vehicle due to only getting 10 points instead of 12, which is the criteria for the higher rate of PIP. I have appealed to the court and am still waiting to hear from the Tribunal with the outcome. Is there ant further help I can get to help me with this appeal? 

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @clairej welcome and I understand you are in need of advice on your appealed from the courts. You will find that most cases are in favour to over turn, The question is at the moment you are waiting that is not nice as it can be very stressful Clarej. What I can advice it is a free phone Tel 0808 800 3333 this is Scope and ask for a benefits advisor which will be happy to help. Have a lovely day and take care. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi clairej,

Ideally you need face to face advice, for example from a Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have already had a tribunal hearing, you should get a result soon. If you haven't, then you need help to prepare a submission - the evidence and paperwork to send to the tribunal. Be sure to ask for an oral hearing if you can, as you are more likely to get a positive result if you attend. Also, if possible, have a rep with you (eg from CAB) who knows the law.

Be sure that you can identify where you should have got your 12 points (eg in activity 1 or 2, or a combination of both). If you have got an assessor's report, point out where it was wrong and provide as much evidence as you can as to why you should have been awarded 12 points.

If you have already had your hearing then it's difficult to advise without knowing the outcome, but in case it is not in your favour, do ask for a written statement of reasons - that will then allow you to get advice about appealing further, if you have grounds.

I hope this helps but please do get advice from someone who can look at your paperwork, if possible.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.