Home visit today re pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit today re pip assessment

HeatherM
HeatherM Community member Posts: 9 Connected
The assessor was asking me all about my needs  I'm in my flat  she is in my flat I told her about my bathroom and aids that I use etc and I said she could go and have a look  and she said she didn't need to.  l think it went okay but I would know for another six weeks because they've got a backlog  She just asked me all the questions that were on the form again   I think it went ok. 

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hope you are ok

I had mine today too but not at home...I think only half went ok and expecting to appeal like everyone else bc they write what they want to anyway 

• RomaFree1
    RomaFree1 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I also had mine at home today! Was in tears by time she arrived over half an hour late. They said that they cancelled an assessment a few weeks ago. When we phoned , we were told they had tried to contact me by phone, an outright lie as I never gave a number! Thought it was going to be another 'no show' but she did turn up! 
    Seemed to go okish? After all that I've read though, I am not sure?! 
    Heather, I asked her to look around but she said she wasn't allowed to?! 
    Janice, bet you're glad it's over too?! 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Yes! I was holding back emotions at one point too! 
    Trouble is my assessment all of my symptoms fluctuate & sporadic so CAB say focus on your 'worse days' ATOS focus on 'good days'! 
    One consultant in hospital says don't even think of working where as ATOS think EVERYONE can do something...ok but for how long & who is going to employ someone unfit & unable to commit to anything on a regular basis!? 
    If I could wave a wand & feel strong enough for long enough I'd have waved it long ago! 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HeatherM have you heard anything from your assessment yet?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.