Told I will not walk again - how can I get out and about? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Told I will not walk again - how can I get out and about?

debs_123
debs_123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello good afternoon everyone

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debs_123 welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a little more about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • debs_123
    Hi sam,just been told I will not walk again .both feet deformed due to a diabetic condition.ive been sat in I am haveing my bungalow adapted I carnt push my wheelchair had quadruple heart bypass.hopeing to get a elec wheelchair once adaptions are finished.frightend to go out.I dont know how to get someone to get me out for a bit fresh air family all work.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debs_123 it sounds like you are having a really tough time.  Do you have any support at all? 

Im going to move your post so I hope others will see it and may be able to offer some information and support.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @debs_123, You don't say how old you are but assuming you're over 60 Age concern run a befriending service and if you tell them your circumstances I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction for other help. Also the council do home assessments on people especially as your needs have changed but you may already have help indoors. It might also be worth investigating local charities for the disabled to see what help is out there.
  • debs_123
    Thanks im 53 its hard lots of bit for over sixties ...ill have a look ee what I can find x

Brightness