Pip refused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip refused

Options
masseymad46
masseymad46 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I have fascioscapularhumeraldystrophy and was granted dla care and mobility indefinitely 10,years ago. I have gone through assessment and was refused pip, mandatory review was also turned down.  I am thinking about going to appeal, but not sure where to start as I am convinced that I will loose that as well due to lack of knowledge by dwp about my condition. What do I do 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi masseymad46

Generally speaking it is usually worth appealing but there is a risk if you are challenging a decision to award you some kind of an award rather than no award at all.

I think you should seek advice from an advice service in your local area. We can answer specific technical questions here but it is impossible for us to give an opinion on someone's case because we cannot see the evidence.

If you are not sure of where to start then i suggest you contact the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333.

Best wishes
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.