Independent living aids + help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Independent living aids + help

suzpalf
suzpalf Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, i dont really no where,who or how to go about getting help aids for my mum. I work and am my mums helper,but she lives alone and getting around is getting harder for her,and she is so independent that she will struggle rather than ask for help. She is 71 in june,has rheumatoid arthritis, has had heart attack 2 yrs ago, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, problems with her spine which is causing so much pain and restricting mobility, she has had cellulitis in legs 3 times so is back and 4 lymphoma clinic to help get swelling down, she has regular blood tests due to medication but they are now trying to find out why her iron and hemoglobin is dropping,has asthma.
She lives in house and i try to do as much as i can but worry if she was to have fall or anything. 
Iv heard there is an alarm that can be worn around kneck to alert someone if needed. Or wat help is there. We have no savings and live on wat we get which is a struggle. I have a mortgage on a 2 bed flat where i live with my son but my mums house is council. 
What help is there?.

Comments

Brightness