Hi, my name is Angelstar59! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Angelstar59!

Angelstar59
Angelstar59 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi all, i am a 57 yr old grandma who lives alone. I have eds type 3 hypermobility syndrome and fibromyalgia. basically housebound most days. i am trying to be a writer with two books to my name. i also make jewellery. i get very lonely and depressed despite having a caring family i dont like to burden. please say hi and lets chat. 
Namaste. In love and light may blessings shower your day.

Comments

• Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hello Angelstar,
    I am a widow and I am the carer for my daughter who has learning disabilities.  Sorry to learn that you are lonely, I know the feeling.  Welcome to the Forum.

• steph1
    steph1 Community member Posts: 8 Courageous
    Hi there. I have a learning disability, I get lonely sometimes too
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Angelstar59 welcome to the community! What are your books about?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • spa456
    spa456 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi @Angelstar59 I've only just joined a few minutes ago and was browsing when I came across your post. Your story is similar to mine, I'm 56, got spine problems and spend a lot of time at home,  I have a caring family that I don't like to burden and I write poetry.  
    I'd be interested in hearing more about your books and with two books under your belt,  I'd definitely say your a fully fledged writer.
     Writing for me passes the time tho it'd be a dream come true to get something published.   Was wondering where and how you get your ideas for your books from, it's interesting to me because poetry comes to me usually at night or in the wee small hours when I'm about to fall asleep, then I have to fumble for the light switch grab a pen and whatever piece of paper is to hand and write down what comes to me,  I can rearrange, add or remove parts as I see fit when I'm up and mobile several hours later.  Be nice to hear from you. 
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Hi @Angelstar59

Ive always fancied writing but certain barriers have always put me off.  Most notably, that I dont think I have any talent for it!  Ha ha.

Please give some tips to let me know how to get over the first hurdles! :)

Brightness