MR success — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR success

Options
Bradetective
Bradetective Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Thanks to your advice to contact my MP in relation to the Mandatory Reconsideration minefield. Her P.A.s intervention initially extended my motability return date by a week and prompted a phone call from PIP to clarify a few points with my MR request.  The end result for me has been positive with regard to the mobility aspect, raised from Standard to Enhanced for the initial three years.  For me it has been worth all the mental and physical instability. Thank you for your support.  ;)

Bradetective Hindley

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Great to hear a success, thanks for sharing!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bradetective thanks so much for letting us know!  :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    That's great news! Very pleased for you! 
    Hopefully I'll be saying the same soon 
    How long has it taken you to achieve? 
    Im waiting for my PIP assessment results atm 
    I had a splitting headache today bc of stressing about not answering the questions properly as in forgetting to say certain symptoms and the way day to day life is affected 
    I you dont mind me saying all of this as it's not my post & apologise for doing so 
  • Bradetective
    Bradetective Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    It took a couple of weeks to get the initial result of the assessment.  I had been on indefinate higher level of DLA from 1995.  It was a shock yo be contacted to apply for PIP at age 67.  however on receiving my results I was very angry as the mobility aspect was reduced to standard therefore the risk of liosing the motability car.  I immediately applied for a Mandatory Reconsideration for which I was given a month in which to reply.  I completed daily diaries, went through the leaflets from the medication I am on and did a composite of signs and symptoms I had been suffering from.  I approached my GP for back up and received a good letter.  I had my medical records from which I pulled out relevant tests and results for my physical and mental problems. I sent a full list of aids with photographs. If you go for the MR you must request all medical evidence the assessor has used to meet their decision, a copy of their report and, under no circumstances let DWP do a telephone interview on why you want this review.  Above all Photocopy all documents.

Joyce
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    That's very helpful and thank you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.