Pip assesment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment

2»

Comments

• badger9
    badger9 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Thank you so much for advice given i wasnt aware you can ask for all reports on her mental health otherwise i would of done this and got everything ready for the assesment i took it that she would automaticly still receive pip i have to make sure she takes her meds otherwise shed be ill and probably be sectioned again please excuse any spelling mistakes only had 4 hours sleep and mums in a bipolar meltdown at present i rang my grandfarther who told me to ring for an ambulance i dont want to do this hopeing can see any doc tomorrow thank you.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    So sorry you're having such a bad time. Mental Health facilities are not good in this country. I have a son with undiagnosed mental health problem as he won't engage with Dr.s or accept there's anything wrong with him so I have to be clued up otherwise he would have no money to live on. He also has Learning Difficulties that he does accept so that helps. Anyhow good luck...x  
  • badger9
    Thank you oh dear its very hard to look after people with mental health my mother was also in denial she frightened me i know she would not harm me but during an outbreak a couple of years ago she verbally insulted neighbours and attacked  members of the crisis team because she had no ciggerettes!!!!so was sectioned in a high securty hospital because they didnt have a hospital close by to take her in it was a terrible experience i couldnt visit her no one could because of the travelling, they found a hospital close by with a bed for her  myself and sister were able to visit her in total it took 3 months to get her better under medication shes still on the meds now has thyroids probs and perscribed pro d 1000 iu due to hardly eating shes also on levothyroxine under active thyroid also menapausal she is now takeing these tablets for the rest of her life shes put lots of weight on just everything is to much now im trying my best to prevent her being admitted to the hospital  as dont want her admitted again.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Sounds like you're doing an amazing job. Don't feel bad if your Mum does need more care than you can give her. It's not your fault. Accept any help you can get and have a break when you can. I'm out for the rest of the evening so will catch up tomorrow. There will be some advisors around if you want to repost in the "ask a benefit advisor" section who will give you a way forward....x

• badger9
    Thanks sorry keep getting in touch just nice to speak to someone i must of done your head in as i have mine!! Have a lovely afternoon eveing  thank you god bless
  • listening
    listening Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hey...that's ok...only just reading them...
  • badger9
    Sorry new to this forum  the message was for wildlife not yourself but thanks all the same 
  • listening
    listening Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I got that in the end....I do apologise 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Following 

I've heard there's were changed on 16th March 

i think mental health is being targeted bc therapy and medication appears to be the answer in DWP opinion which obviously isn't going to be the case for many 

i hope things work out well for you and your mum 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.