Just going through PIP appeal system — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just going through PIP appeal system

Options
MH1606
MH1606 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
And my son has Aspergers Syndrome. He's in his mid thirties and lives at home. We are just going through PIP appeal system. 

Comments

• sharront
    sharront Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi Michelle, I too am new to the forum having joined last week.  I have severe arthritis to both knees and shoulder. Having failed at Pip twice on the third time was successful and even get the mobility component for a car which has become a godsend. You will find lots of advice and help on here though about applying, hearings, appeals etc so hope it goes well for you. X
  • MH1606
    MH1606 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks, Sharron - that's very reassuring. Never thought we'd ever find ourselves in this position. Have always been so trusting that right will win the day and that people in a position of trust and always trustworthy.  Been a very difficult time coming to terms with reality
  • sharront
    sharront Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I am sure it has been. I have been with a friend today who has just lost his PIP and said fit to walk. the guy can hardly move. They work in some mysterious ways on these assessments. I was told once it's knowing the right answers to put on the questionnaire and not always the honest ones. I couldn't believe what I was hearing but these days I think it's true...  Good luck though with your appeal.  Happy to chat if you need a neutral friend anytime
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @MH1606

Welcome to the community. What stage are you at?

As @sharront says, you'll find lots of people who have been through the same thing.

We also put together some tips recently, that might be useful:
    https://www.scope.org.uk/Support/Tips/Disabled-people/PIP-appeals

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.