PIP Tribunal tomorrow

Moana
Moana Community member Posts: 75 Contributor
edited August 16 in PIP, DLA, and AA

So scared about my tribunal tomorrow I don’t know if I’m going to be able to get through it

Tagged:

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,411 Online Community Team

Hi @Moana. What time is your tribunal? I've been through the tribunal process and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was lucky enough to have my husband with me though, will you have some support with you? Remember they are there to find out exactly how the condition affects you and they're not trying to catch you out.

Let us know how you get on. I've got everything crossed for you 😊

• Moana

hi thank you for your reply sorry I was at the tribunal. It was very stressful and I was so nervous but my coach came with me. I honestly could not have done it without her. So on my 1st and MR I got 2 points. Today I got an indefinite award of enhanced daily living and standard mobility. I’m still in shock. The judge didn’t even make me go outside for them to decide cos he could see how hard it was for me. Thank you so much for all the help and support from this site.

• Noidea19
    Noidea19 Community member Posts: 70 Contributor

A big well done, you can relax now 😊

• Moana

Thank you. It’s been so stressful and I came out and I think my body just let go of all the emotions and I couldn’t believe it. I’m now trying to relax now and feel so tired.

• Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 4,895 Online Community Team

Congrats @Moana! Amazing to hear about your award, and it's an indefinite award.

• Moana

Thank you so much it feels like such a relief to have it done now. It’s been a very stressful year and a bit since I first applied for PIP. Yes he said indefinite but not really sure what that means. XxXx

• Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 4,895 Online Community Team

Indefinite means there is no end date to the award. The tribunal has made the decision that it expects your condition will not improve in a way that requires your PIP to be reviewed. Indefinite rewards are usually still reviewed after 10 years though.

• Moana

Thank you so much for explaining that to me it really helped.

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 825 Empowering

Congratulations, I am glad you took someone as support because it can be daunting, and as said they are not there to catch you out but to see fair play, "good or bad" which is all we can ask.

reply moved to a different post. OBV.

• Moana

Thank you and they were very nice and asked if they could do anything to make things a bit easier for me before we started.

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,411 Online Community Team

I'm so glad to hear it went well @Moana! I was thinking about you. You can relax now 😊

• Moana

Thank you so much it’s been a really stressful year and a bit so to finally have my decision feels so good and yes I’m definitely more relaxed today thank you.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,400 Online Community Team

I just wanted to pop in and say a big congratulations as well @Moana what a relief! I found the tribunals to be worlds apart from the original assessments, they really cared. 😊

• Moana

Yes they were definitely so much nicer. The telephone assessment was so many questions one after the other but the tribunal they actually took time and listened to me.

• Moana

Hi I just have a question if someone knows the answer please. I know the back payments will be about 8 weeks but when do the payments start? Will it be at the same time as the back payment or before?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,319 Championing

Money owed first and then about 4 weeks later you'll receive your first 4 weekly payment.

• Moana

Thank you so much. It’s just that they didn’t say about when they would start just when the back payment will be.