bullying — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

bullying

taylorsue
taylorsue Community member Posts: 6 Listener
my daughter has a serious mental health illness and she is being bullied by neighbours and genuinely for no apparent reason, these people are making our lives a misery, we have got the housing assoc involved even reported it to the police, but we are both scared im 63 and suffer serious illness and disabilities she is 34 and very ill also. Just dont know what to do anymore.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @taylorsue

This sounds awful, I'm so sorry you're going through this. They shouldn't be allowed to make your lives a misery. Being targeted like this because of mental health sounds like a hate crime. What have the police said?

Could you escalate with the housing association - if you're not getting the support you need - you can make a complaint. You can also report to your local authority. Most even have online forms that you can report anti-social behaviour with. 

There's an organisation called Victim Support which offer support:
    https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help

The other thing I'd recommend is calling Scope's helpline - 0808 800 3333. You're in a very stressful situation - and they might be able to take you through the different options available in a way which is hard for us to do online.

I hope things improve for you.

• taylorsue
    taylorsue Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Have got housing assoc involved and they are going to help, police a waste of time, have got a cctv system installed today and have sent daughter to get a rest and a break from it to a family member.

Brightness