grants/funds available for development of a local learning disability care home — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

grants/funds available for development of a local learning disability care home

Carol_Burt
Carol_Burt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Good morning I have just joined the forum and I would like some advise about current grants/funds available for development of a local learning disability care home. Please help and have a good day.

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Hi @Carol_Burt,

I'm afraid I'm not an expert in setting up care homes, but I'd love to know more about what you're planning?

There are grants out there available to charities - are you going to be a charity? Funding Central lets you search for available grants:
    http://www.fundingcentral.org.uk/search.aspx

Many homes are funded by local authorities - there's some info on how this works here:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/public-service-delivery-rules-for-charities

And then of course there's your own fundraising that you might be able to do - both from the general public and hopefully a few local philanthropists!
  • Carol_Burt
    Carol_Burt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you Alex for your response.  I have become a Director for a local small Learning disability care home, We  have recently registered it as a Community Interest Company as opposed to Sole Trader which was it's current status.  We are planning to employ an Activity Worker and  have other development ideas especially to enable the residents to be more out and about doing activities that interest each individual, Although Local Authority contributes I am exploring other avenues of funding. I suspect your suggestion of philanthropist is most definitely worth considering. Should anyone have any ideas to such person who can contribute or donate to this worthy cause please do let me know. 

Alex thanks again for your insight it is much appreciated. 

Bless!
  • Bonzaa
    Bonzaa Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Carol,

I have just just joined the forum and posted a question about how to shape and develop services in my local area for adults with learning difficulties. As the parent of a young man who is entering adulthood I am interested to know more about what your care home offers, your vision for developing services and how you got involved.

Best wishes 

Brightness