Travel advice please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travel advice please?

nanof6
nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
hi everyone i need some help, my daughter said she would treat me to a west end show for Mamma Mia, i had to say no.

I know the trains are great for wheelchairs and all the help you get, but what happenes when i leave the train,  then i came across a post wich said the bus has a button you press and a wheelchair can get on,

im from london but live in west wales for 45years so i didnt no anything about the busses in london,does anyone no how i would get from the train to a hotel if i can find one, to the west end.

my chair can do 7miles before recharge, so i need to find out distances, i expect i would get cardiff to london train i dont even no where in london station i will end up,would it be near the west end?

what im realy asking is would someone with good experance help out with telling me a good way to go  please, because i havnt got a clue.

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Hi Nanof6!

That sounds exciting!

Trains from Cardiff get in to Paddington station. Mamma Mia is at the Novello Theatre in Aldwych. 

It's quite far - but luckily it's really easy to make the journey - it's just one bus for 50 minutes - the number 23, and it's just across the road from the bus to the theatre.

There's a button to request the ramp on the middle of the bus. Also - if someone is with you, they can just go and ask the driver.

Hopefully this link will show you the TFL search. You can change the time/date etc. quite easily (in the "preferences" just tick "step-free" to find the best ways of getting around).

There are hundreds of hotels around there, hopefully someone has a recommendation. I think most of the hotel search websites will let you find an accessible hotel near Aldwych.

Hope that helps!

• nanof6
    THANKYOU SO MUCH ALEX.I WILL CHECK THST NOW.
  • anaqi
    anaqi Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    You might find this video helpful.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy85zK2c5JU

I used London buses this week and it was pretty easy.
  • nanof6
    anaqi, thank you so much gives me a lot of confidence

Brightness