pip points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip points

Options
nannydebbie
nannydebbie Community member Posts: 41 Connected
hi there im new here i was awarded 10 points for mobility but only 6 for care so missed out for care by 2 points when i read assessors report she stated i need aids for toilet needs but decision maker        won't give them 2 points  even when i asked for mr do you think i stand a chance at tribunal 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    i suggest you re-post in Ask a benefits advisor.

I thought that the minimum number of points per category was 2 but like you I was awarded only 1 for toilet aids - making my total 11, missing out on enhanced needs by 1!

I think it's always worth appealing but a benefits advisor could advise you better.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There is no 1 point descriptor Matilda. It's not the toilet paper is it? (joke). 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I got 2 for a rail we have that I use to pull myself up. Hi @Nannydebbie yes ask the advisors on here or you can ring the DWP and ask for a call back from a Decision Maker. When they ring you can then ask for the reason why they have changed the suggested score from what the assessor wrote in her report. If you disagree you will be able to say why and see if they'll look at it again to avoid going to a Tribunal. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wildlife - no, there is not a 1 point descriptor but I, like the other member, was awarded just 1 point for toilet aid (I have to lean on the wash basis to pull myself up on bad days).

I'm going to ask a benefits advisor if it was incorrect for DWP to only award me 1 point and, if so, this will form part of my appeal.
  • nannydebbie
    nannydebbie Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.