What does "Reported problem in questionnaire is not consistent with findings at assessment" mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does "Reported problem in questionnaire is not consistent with findings at assessment" mean?

UKDJ
UKDJ Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
Throughout the report by the ATOS Health Professional it states "Reported problem in questionnaire is not consistent with findings at assessment". Does this mean they disagree with what I have stated in my application for PIP (i.e. they are calling me a liar)?

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi @UKDJ, The questionnaire is your claim form. It means you said on your claim form you had a problem but this was not found at your assessment. Nothing new there. Classic incorrect reporting. 
  • UKDJ
    UKDJ Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
    Thanks wildlife - I guess all I can do now is prepare a stronger argument for the problems I disclosed, ready for my appeal? 
  • wildlife
    Hi @UKDJ, Appeals are taking months and I'm sure Decision Makers don't want so many people going to appeal as this reflects badly on them. You can carry on fighting their decision even after the MR as I have done and with any luck they'll agree to look at your claim again bearing in mind they can also reduce what has already been offered. DWP phoned one lady up 2 days before her tribunal to offer her more points so well worth a try. 
  • wildlife
    Of course you can carry on with your appeal at the same time to keep all options open. My assessment was in January but my claim is still with the DM's and I've been told I'll have a month from the next decision to apply for Appeal. This situation has come about by complaining to ATOS and writing another letter with more evidence enclosed. So I guess if I can do it anyone can?   

Brightness