PIP M.R — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP M.R

sundontshine123
sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just phoned the DWP yet again to see if there is any progress with my M R. Apparently the DWP have now recieved my paperwork back from capita and its up to the DWP to make final decision on my M.R.Just hope the C M has a brain.
The man i spoke to said it could be another couple of weeks for decision which will be getting towards the 9 weeks wait.
This whole process has made me feel so ill.They have dragged the whole process out to the max.
If i am not happy with final decision can i aask DWP to get the C M to call me?
As i will be quoting the PAUL GRAY second review to him and have already started to write down questions.

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi @sundontshine123 Yes you can. If you ring DWP just ask for a call back from a DM and you can say when you want it. They give you 24hrs during which someone will ring but it doesn't have to be the next 2 days. I think it's always a different DM but that's not a bad thing as the one that made the decision is less likely to admit they're wrong. You can also keep sending letters or evidence if you think of something important you forgot to mention but new medical evidence is not accepted unless you had the illness or disability at the time you first claimed.   
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi sundontshine123,

Yes you can discuss the result with the DWP  - ask for a phone call as wildlife suggests. The important thing though is to make sure that you get a mandatory reconsideration notice, so that you are able to appeal. It's possible for the DWP to change their decision once you submit your appeal as well (though pretty rare).

Regarding the Paul Gray review and your questions, I'd also strongly recommend, if you haven't already, that you make a complaint to the DWP and/or Capita if you are not happy about the quality of the assessment, the report, or the DWP's administration. Getting the money you are due requires the MR and appeal process, but getting an apology for the stress you've been put under requires a complaint.

The other thing you can do which again you may have done already is approach your MP. We need to get MPs to realise how flawed the system is, and they may also be able to help you with your appeal if your MR isn't successful. 

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• sundontshine123
    Hi will
    I sent complaint to capita and they have actually sent me a letter saying they are going to look into the complaint as i did put some important things about asessor in the complaint so they could see i was not lying.
    I did my MR about my health and how it effects me.
    Sent additional letters to DWP after MR sent told them about assessor complaint and my PA4 was not fit for purpose. It was like it belonged to 3 different people ( like Paul Gray report says Capita seem to do a block write up of reports. The report was written up 6 days after the assessment. ( Rest my Case).
    I also made sure I told them in letter, how this process they have put me through has made me more ill than i was before i started this so called PIP journey.
     I have had to seek more MH support as feel after the assessment and  the assessors report it has pushed me over the edge. I lost my award due to LIES.
    I emailed my MP.
    I am still waiting for decision on my M R the wait is awful.

Does make you wonder how many people have given up at the 1st hurdle of being rejected because of the assessor and there lies and have no idea on the process to get your PA4 and do a MR.
    The worst thing is that welfare rights are all booked up, Its so hard to get an appointment as they have had cut backs too.

• sundontshine123
    Update they have done a new suplementary review with a new assessor and deadline for the decision is next week apparently. I did try and ask if i had my decision overturned but dwp was not telling me. So verdict nxt week
  • Jan70
    Jan70 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Does anyone know if you get a phone call when decision is made on MR x

• Jan70
    Jan70 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • jeana1
    jeana1 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi Jan ...ive not got to that stage your at yet...but yes id ring them..
    Good luck! J 
  • mssissippi1952
    mssissippi1952 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Hi,I rang them and they told me a letter was on its way and that my appeal had been declined 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.