ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
lorrainemorton
lorrainemorton Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Was wondering if a benefits advisor would know what to do. I've been claiming ESA for 10 weeks now for depression anxiety and other painful conditions. I don't feel fit for work at present but doctor is stating I'm only gonna get another line for 2 weeks. This would mean I wldnt even reach the assessment phase. She reckons I'd be better off in work. I'm currently going through a PIP appeal also and all this has put extra stress on me. I'm at my wits end with it all. 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi lorrainemorton

From what I understand of your post above, the issue is that your GP is declining to provide you with sick notes any longer?

If this is the case then I would recommend that you pursue a complaint to the Practice Manager within your GP practice about the issue, and ultimately consider changing GP if you feel you are not being listened to.

Agencies such as Healthwatch may be able to assist http://www.healthwatch.co.uk/

Hope this helps. Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• lorrainemorton
    lorrainemorton Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Mary. I live in Northern Ireland so I don't think I've access to that agency. I really don't know what to do. Making a complaint seems very stressful and they might refuse to treat me at all. I will keep you posted on further developments.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.