M R overturned! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

M R overturned!

sundontshine123
sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
Hi guys just to let you all know i have had my M R overturned to my favour from dwp.

It is such a great relief.
I am buzzing as to say...

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi @sundontshine123 So happy for you. I rang about mine today and it's back with the DM after they consulted ATOS again for the 3rd time. Can't think why.  Still am feeling optimistic that I'll be celebrating with you soon. 
  • sundontshine123
    hi @wildlife Thank you im actually buzzing i did it.
    So yours has gone to yet another person as each time there sent back for re-work someone new has to look at it.
    Fingers toes crossed for you.
    I really did not think i would get it overturned as i only had 2 points lol.
    I got original award back  had before so i am happy now.
    All i can say i am no great letter writer but i felt assessment was terrible so i complained about that did my M R did not assassinate assessor just concerntrated on my illness and how it effects me, medication urgent fax from mh team.
    Anyway 27 pieces of evidence was looked at that was mostly complaints.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sundontshine123 I'm so happy for you!!  :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
     @jose2   Hello @sundontshine123 - just catching up on posts,I'm so pleased for for you, such good news.  
  • nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
  • sundontshine123
    Thank you everyone and thank you for listening to me. Cx
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2017
    very pleased for you sundontshine.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Whoop whoop lol 

hopefully me next! 
  • sundontshine123
    So if you do apply for an M R.
    only write about your illness and how it effects you and how your medication effects you. Also if you cannot do something safely tell them that.
    i did say assessor said i took this medication so many times then underneath in  bold FACT
    what medication and how many times a day i took it.
    so easy to get side tracked into assassinate the assessor, but dont your m r is your chance to. Change things. Plus DWP will just rubberstamp it and your 1 chance is gone.
    i sent my m r off sent capita a complaint also about the unfit for purpose report and how bad assessor was. Told them my report was like 3 different people. 
    Then after m r recieved i did sent letters to Dwp about guidelines not followed by them nor Capita and sent them my complaint letter that was sent to Capita.
    i am so gobsmacked i achieved to get my award back.
    I wont lie its been absolutely horrendous to go through and im no letter writer  but i managed it. 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Me too @sundontshine123 had a phone call 5pm today to offer me higher rate mobility which I'm happy with so a double celebration today. I agree about how to do the MR I didn't make a big deal of how bad the assessment was but I did list the reasons given by the assessor for the suggested scores and my argument that they were not valid reasons with a detailed description of how I actually do the activities I disagreed with. For everything I told them I put a reference to the relevant medical evidence. Mind you it wasn't that that changed things. It was a third so called "medical professional" at ATOS who I have to thank for getting it changed. But the fight still goes on to get the assessor to face up to the damage she caused.
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @sundontshine123. fantastic news!!! You must be so relieved, I am very happy for you after all the stress you have had. I am sad though that they put so many People through this needless nightmare. I had a big grin on my face reading about your success :-)
  • sundontshine123
    Omg @wildlife that is fantastic news bet your buzzing now. 
    A big well done stick to your guns.
    xxx
  • sundontshine123
    Meant sticking to your guns xxxx
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    I'm so pleased that we are all sharing the positive end result for @sundontshine123 even though it was a challenging journey 

lets hope we are all going to be reading many more successful end results :-) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.