ESA advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA advice needed

dearnie
dearnie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi can I ask your advice please? I git awarded ESA support group a year ago (with a fight after scoring zero) I got my MP involved and they started paying me it, they have now after one year called me back with forms for another assessment, if I was awarded it last year and nothing in my illnesses have changed can they score me a zero again and stop my money? I have no fight left in me to go through it all again if they do

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

Hi @dearnie

Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately there are few guarantees. Understanding the questions, what they are looking for and what to provide is a big part of the process. It is worth checking out https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-pip-claim/fill-in-form/

Working through the different steps should help you to give a fairly complete picture of you your disability. If you need additional help/advice try posting on the Ask a benefit advisor section of the community.

Hope this helps

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• minxymazza
    minxymazza Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thankyou for your helpful reply will look into it ...
  • minxymazza
    minxymazza Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    So sorry misunderstood the reply lol .....
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

No worries, and sorry if the reply was not clear.

The link should help you to cover most of the things needed in your form. I tend to recommend the benefit advisors as they are very experienced in helping on dealing with the forms and the quickest way to get the right advice.

There are a lot of members who have been through this process and they can offer some support and their experiences.

Sadly the system does seem set up to wear people down so they give up. Each change seems to be designed to make it harder. This strategy seems to have worked as the number of people who go to tribunal has dropped while the success rate has remained high at around 65%

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.