esa benefit stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa benefit stopped

chrisie
chrisie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Although my gp considers me unfit for work a dwp assessor whom I only spoke to for 20 mins considers I am. I have had to appeal and my anxiety and depression are much worse whilst this process is ongoing. I am barely leaving the house. I dont know where else to turn

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Have you got a support worker? 
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @Chrisie, sorry to hear you are going through this. These people are oblivious to the fact that what they are doing often exacerbates People's conditions.
    Don't feel alone, like Janice_in_wonderland says, see about getting a support worker if you do not already have one. You have taken a good step joining this forum, it is very friendly, and during the week there is always a benefits adviser available to help with your questions.

I would say from our own experience that the first thing you need to do, as quickly as you can is to get a letter in with your Mandatory reconsideration request. I hope you have already asked for a copy of the assessment notes, and the statement of reason from the decision maker? You need to see these so that you can point out where they have gone wrong.

CAB will help if you find it too much of an ordeal, and I would strongly recommend giving your MP a call, they have a hotline to the DWP which takes some of the stress away from you, no more sitting for half an hour listening to recorded music, often to have them cut you off once you get through.
    There IS plenty of help out there, make sure you accept it.

If you just feel like a rant or a chat then this is the place to be

Justice x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.