feeling alone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

feeling alone

Options
tjosmum
tjosmum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello everyone, I was wondering whether anyone else was in a similar situation to me...I am a single parent and sole carer to my 12 year old son, who was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 8 and with ASD when he was 9...for his ADHD he takes medikinet and he sees a consultant at CAHMS periodically. With regard to the ASD,he is high functioning and goes to mainstream school (there have been a few issues re bullying but that's down to my son overthinking things..). I used to get a bit of help from family in that they used to have him for a few days every now and again but that is no longer the case as they have told me they wont do this anymore...anyway, on top of everything, I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and am currently undergoing further tests to rule out MS....I need respite, I have tried applying to my local council/social services but they don't seem to want to help me...I feel quite alone and don't really know who to turn to or what to do for the best....thanks in advance of any advice...

Comments

• LauraThomo
    LauraThomo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi tjosmum i am a mum to a son who has epilepsy and asperges. I have a husband and I also work full time. I to have fibromyalgia and it is so hard to cope some times. I work 24 HR shifts with children in care so when my son has a seizure i have to leave work which can be hard. It sometimes feels so tiering and draining and we too dont have any one to help or support us. I have two other children so it's a struggle sometimes. If you need to talk or chat to let some steam off
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tjosmum welcome to the community.  @VioletFenn @winterrose98  @sunnymummy @Blessed999 do you have any advice?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • sammiejo1990
    sammiejo1990 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I have a little boy (8) with ADHD, spd, eating disorder, sleep disorder and anxiety disorder. I also have ADHD, anxiety and depression. My partner struggles with us both if we're having a bad day. Does anyone know of support groups for moms like us lol x

Brightness