Autonomic dysfunction — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autonomic dysfunction

trace1024
trace1024 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hi I'm 47, new to this group, have a a pacemaker, chronic nerve pain, fibromyalgia and low blood pressure nad just been diagnosed with autonomic dysfunction....had lots of health issues over the years which seems to be generative and now need a wheelchair when I go out as keep fainting/ collapsing ...I still manage to work with help from access to work and work in the field of disability....I also used to teach Adults with LD in the last.  Seems Strange to be the one needing help now and feeling vulnerable about the new chapter of my life and concerned about my outlook, don't know much about this diagnosis..
im also mum to 4 girls with autism and hearing issues and mental health so have a full load.
trace 

Comments

• Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    You certainly have a lot to cope with but somehow we find the strength to carry on.  When my husband died 10 years ago and left me the sole carer of my daughter who has learning disabilities, I couldn't see a way forward.  I'm now 72 and still in my caring role, in fact I think it keeps me going.  It's hard but you really will cope.
  • trace1024
    trace1024 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi thanks for the reply x sounds like u have a lot on as well x 

Brightness