Hi, my name is Gordonmrln! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gordonmrln!

Options
Gordonmrln
Gordonmrln Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
I am disabled and have been since a fall back in 2007, after twisting my knee and landing on it with my full body weight I tore and damaged the nerve in my left knee. This set on a condition that was diagnosed as nuro-pathic pain syndrome. It also triggered off another condition known as Osteo Arthritis which has now spread to most of my main joints. Both my Knees, Hips, ankles, shoulders, elbows, and also in my spine. Which has resulted also in giving me spondylitus in my neck. I now have to use a wheelchair, not all the time. But that is just a mater of time. I'm sorry to be such a downer as I wanted to let you know why I feel so passionate about disabled rights and issues.

Also I have recently been widowed as my wife who was also disabled. Passed away aged only 45 years young, she died just a few months short of our silver wedding anniversary. She unfortunately had a heart condition, and used an ICD implant. She was informed that she could not have a heart transplant due to her weight. Which was all related to her condition, after her last stay in hospital the heart consultant coerced her into having her ICD implant turned off. She died within less than 24 hours of being discharged from hospital. No need to say that I am having her death looked into on the grounds of medical negligence.

But that is enough of the depressing stuff, back to more uplifting words. I have a wee Jack Russel called Tilly who is just such a character and she keeps me so entertained. Up to my wife passing away I was taking an OU degree and was in my last year, I actually failed my final exam which was understandably. However, the OU have said I can retake my exam at some stage later on. I enjoy reading and have a good DVD collection, I enjoy my gardening. But it is limited to what I can and can't do. I like music and cooking, and I recently purchased myself a PS4 which is quite addictive.

Any way I could keep on going on but I don't want to bore you all. I would just finally like to say thank you and I'm glad to be part of this group and thank you for the welcome. PS I am also dyslexic and my grammar and spelling is not always as it should be so please forgive me for this issue.

Comments

Brightness