Holiday abroad

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Empowering

I am currently on holiday in Cyprus for a week with my mother. I had major surgery last year and she promised that when I felt well enough she would take me somewhere in the sun to rest and relax and here we are.

Two weeks before I came to Cyprus I had a short break (5 days) in Benidorm with my friends who took my to celebrate my 65th birthday. My illness and disabilities are still the same and I still need help with personal care etc while I’m here and had assistance at the airport.

However, on the day that I flew to Cyprus (last Wednesday) I was due to have my ESA paid into my bank account. Only £25 was paid in instead of £264. I don’t know why this had happened and am wondering if it’s because I’ve been/am on holiday abroad. I haven’t been able to phone to find out and I am absolutely worried sick and my anxiety is through the roof. It has ruined my holiday and I just can’t wait to get home. Does anyone have any reassurance/advice please? TIA

Comments

• luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 374 Empowering

@sheZZa

Its probably just a blip in the system.

I know its easier said than done but there's nothing you can do until you get home.

Please try to enjoy your holiday and the sunshine.

Cyprus is such a beautiful place.

My favorite part is Protarus.

Take care. X

• Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 4,895 Online Community Team

Hi @sheZZa, you should be able to get ESA for up to four weeks abroad, so you should be well within that amount.

Did you inform the DWP how long you would be away for before going?

• sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Empowering

@luvpink

@Jimm_Scope

Thank you.

I tried to put it to the back of my mind and did manage to most of the time. (I wash I wasn’t such a worrier and an over thinker.)

I’m home now and a letter was waiting for me. I have had a new award and my esa has gone up due the a change in age (65) and the £25 was the difference owed. Thank you for your reassurance.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,312 Championing

Reaching the age of 65 should not have changed your ESA amounts. Are you sure it wasn't because of something else? Maybe there were some deductions for something and they came to an end?