pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

Options
nannydebbie
nannydebbie Community member Posts: 41 Connected
hi there iv put in for a appeal for care as only scored 6 points iv just got a  letter of dr stating i suffer with lumbago and sciatica plus other mob problems and stress incontinence do i wait for all paper work to come through all send it of now many thanks  

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @nannydebbie

If you have just put in an appeal against your PIP decision - can I just clarify that you have sent in a form called a SSCS1? If you have sent this form in recently, then I would phone the DWP to check that they have received this form from HMCTS (Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service - the people who organise the Tribunals).

Once you know the DWP have your appeal form, then tell them there is more evidence from your GP being sent in the post. I wouldn't send in your paperwork until you know your appeal form (SSCS1) has been received by the DWP as paperwork could cross in the post and they may not consider it if they haven't realised you have sent in an appeal.

As part of the appeal process, the DWP have to look at all the paperwork and put together a case for the Tribunal saying why they think you only score 6 points. Sometimes at this stage, the DWP can look at this new evidence (like your GP letter) and change their minds and offer a new award before the Tribunal hearing.

If you are not at the appeal stage, and at the first stage of challenging the decision (which is called the 'Mandatory Reconsideration' stage) then I would phone the DWP to let them know you are about to send in more information. Ask them to not make a decision until your extra information has arrived and been considered.

The phone number for the DWP PIP HELPLINE is 0345 850 3322 (Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm).

Hope this helps and good luck with your PIP claim.

Laura
    The Benefits Training Co:

• nannydebbie
    nannydebbie Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    thank you laura i will call pip now as iv already sent in forms for appeal 4 weeks ago 

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi nannydebbie,

The DWP should have been sent the appeal form by now but it is worth checking. When you send in your additional evidence, send it to the tribunal service and make sure you give all the references so they can see which appeal it relates to (your NI number & their reference number too).

It's up to the tribunal service to forward a copy of the additional evidence to the DWP but there is no harm in sending it to both. 

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.