PIP appeal after stroke — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal after stroke

LynV1
LynV1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband had a stroke in 2010 which has left him with no memory. He can ask me the same question several times a minute He cannot go to unfamiliar places on his own. He can just go to the local paper shop and he can walk me to school every morning to work as thats where his children went and that is familiar to him. I have to leave him a note every day as to when I am home, What he can watch on planner and where his lunch is. He cannot prepare a meal himself he would put a pan on and burn it dry or leave the cooker on. He has little quality of life cannot get excited about anything. He was on DLA but has had to change to PIP. We filled the form in and sent it off and then we were sent for a face to face in Wigan. I had to go with him of course. I fought my corner for him but to no avail. They sent him 0 across the board. We sent a reconsideration but that came back the same with 0. We are now about to start on the appeal process. This is just ridiculous. He had ESA in the support group as he cannot work yet PIP believe he can work. This system really needs sorting out.
)

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.