medical assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

medical assesment

sylvia123
sylvia123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i have to attend a medical in tredigar, does any one know what goes on at these medicals, i have arthritis, fibromyoligia, migrains,high blood pressure have to use wheel chair if i go any where, i have zimmer frames up and down stairs, i am trying to get help to get a grip bar in my bath as i cant get in my bath without help, am having problems getting up and down stairs aslo sufer with incontinance, am very worried about this medical as i have heard so many bad things about this

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @sylvia123, To prepare I would advise you to have a copy of your claim form if you made one before sending it to DWP. Find the PIP points criteria i.e. list of activities on line and decide which descriptors fit you the best. That will be the information you need to get across to the assessor. Send in to the DWP as much evidence as you can before your assessment (it's not a medical by the way) and check a few days before that this has been sent to the assessment company ATOS or CAPITA. Remember they are not just going by what conditions you have it's how they affect you on a day to day basis. Stairs do not come into this at all and I would advise you to take someone with you and use the wheelchair only. Do not mention the zimmer frame as this will be classed as an aid and will reduce your mobility points.
            You should also be allowed to see the screen so ask about this. If the assessor refuses ask for things to be read back to you to make sure they're correct. Ask whoever is with you to make notes unless they have an excellent memory like MOH. Pay attention to the MSE (physical exercises). Which one's you did and the result if you can. As these are often reported incorrectly. Don't pick anything up off the floor. There is a lot of info. on hear if you care to search around with good advice so will leave it there. Good Luck..  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.