Should my friend get a review? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should my friend get a review?

jejleon17
jejleon17 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello to everyone in this community"

I need from you as much info I can get because my dear friend, since her first application was in Apr/2010 for an accident where she demage all the tendons in both hand livin her in a estate of she can barely can lift with both hands a cup of tea.   
Unfortunately she was getting with the time many and unbearable pain in legs and all joins and two years ago was diagnostic with OsteoArthrosis (which besides the chronic pain) deforming her bones ending with the legs like an arch, exactly like this... () and also with "Fibromyalgia" (if you know Fibromyalgia is a disorder in the nervous system how send signals of very strong pain to all the joins and muscles all over the body) 
So she had the first of two operations of complete change of knee (which she's better than before the operation) but she was told in pain management (St. Thomas') that she needs to get on with her life and learn to live with her pains and the only help additional to the 4 weeks of physiotherapy after the operation , has only very strong pain killers.
I have a letter from the occupational therapist of Guy's Hospital where she mention that the benefits of this person "SHOULD HAD A REVIEW"
Now my problem is that I don't know and I want to know the right way to do this because now she's in medium rate and what the letter from Guy's say that she should be in the highest rate for her extremely pour mobility and chronic pains and with all this comments about people losing or stopping receive their PIP for quite a while.
I'm asking in the most polite way possible that if someone out there how can please give me a little advice, it will be dearly appreciated   

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jejleon17 and welcome to the community.

We have a group of advisers @BenefitsTrainingCo who should be able to advise on the right way to do this.

While it sounds a little glib with long term pain it really is a matter of getting into the place you can try and get on with your life. But dropping a bombshell like that doesn't really help. Has your friend spoken to the doctor about being referred to a pain management clinic?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• mcdonald50
    mcdonald50 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Is ur question about getting help with money for yr mum? If so get her to ph for another pip form for a change in circumstances. Tell them how much she is suffering and how much her condition has changed. Gd luck 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Hi Jejleon17,

Welcome to the community.

Is your friend on DLA at the moment? 

It's important that she tells the DWP that her condition has changed. 

Whilst there's a risk that she might get a worse result - it sounds like she's in a good position to get a higher rate, especially with the medical evidence. I'm not a expert - this is just my opinion - if you'd like to hear from one of our experts please ask our benefit advisors.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.