What illnesses are classed as been exempt from having to attend a PIP assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What illnesses are classed as been exempt from having to attend a PIP assessment

2»

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jose2

Lesser evils to vote for are:  Liberal, Labour, Green.  Think about voting tactically in marginal constituencies to keep Tories out.

Pleased that you've been awarded enhanced mobility.
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    Hi @Matilda,Thank you 
    Do hope your tribunal is successful too,you have helped me from the first day I came on site,because I didn't know where else to turn to for help,and the benefits adviser every web site they put up I went to and read ,all the forms,how fill them in ,what process has to be done stage by stage ,I hadn't a clue! ,it has all been invaluable to me, think I would have given up if not for Scope and the people encouraging me not to give up.
    That's the way to go Matilda,tactical voting ! I am waiting for these debates in June ,I am going to see who if any of them discuss this terrible disability system that's now in place and what their views are on it and if any are going to scrap it.

• Matilda
    Hi @jose2

Thank you.  

Scope and the Disability Rights and CAB websites have been invaluable to me.  Couldn't have managed without them.

Jeremy Corbyn pays lip service to disability rights and criticises the Tory cuts - but hasn't yet said if he'd reform PIP and ESA. 

I'll be listening carefully to what he has to say on disability benefits.
  • jose2
    I forgot to ask you @Matilda,have you done a 7 day diary of how you cope day to-day,I did one It was tedious writing everything from getting up in a morning until I went to bed ,how long it took me to get dressed/undressed,walking,eating,what I did do on a particular day /and what I didn't do or couldn't do,
    Maybe benefits adviser could tell you who to give it to when you go for your appeal hearing ,myself I was going to send it with other information when or if I got tribunal date,or to hand it to clerk of the courts when or if I attended.I printed one off one for myself and other for hearing.

• Matilda
    @jose2

I submitted a 7-day diary with my PIP application: Atos and DWP ignored the diary.  It forms part of my tribunal papers.  I wonder if the tribunal will take any notice of it.
  • jose2
    @Matilda,I do hope so ,'keep strong'!, 
  • Matilda
  • MadDukk
    MadDukk Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Matilda said:

The DWP say that it might not be necessary for assessment companies to do f2f in the case of long-term, degenerative diseases.  But assessment companies are ignoring this guidance and doing f2f anyway in nearly all cases:  they are afraid of recriminations from DWP if they don't do f2f.

@jose2.  The timeframes vary.  God knows how they are worked out - maybe a benefits advisor would have a good idea. There is no age limit for PIP reassessments once you have been given a PIP award.   

I was given five years but if I win my appeal I hope that may be increased.

@wildlife.  Atos/Capita don't have much medical knowledge, either!

• freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    So people with a degenarative illness are totally being over looked by the DWP so what are people suppose to do take a corps to these pointless wca
  • jose2
    By the time I get to next ftf with them again @freckles I could be a corpse or I'll ask a friend to drop my cadaver to appointment place,
    Have a new Dr at my surgery now,so went to see him last week and explained about how Atos want me back in 3yrs time for another ftf assessment(as from March 2017 I'm still worrying about it )he was furious,he's told me if they send me another form to fill in that I  bring it straight to him,won't tell you what he said then ...................!!!!!,other than that they know you have terminal cancer and many other debilitating illnesses and should leave you alone to live your life in peace with whatever time you may have left.
    @jose2    
  • KMS
    KMS Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My daughter is autistic and got the dreaded letter to go from da to pip in march. I got a phone call asking me questions about my daughters disability and how it affected her.

At the end of the call I was told the chances are I wouldn't need to take my daughter to a face to face.

We got the letter on Friday to say she has enhanced care and mobility.

It was such a relief not having to take her to a face to face interview. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.