ESA50 not received confirmation forms have been received

BlindBat
BlindBat Community member Posts: 13 Listener

Hello. I sent back my ESA50 form in the pre paid envelope with various supporting documents (photocopies) about ten days ago. I’ve got a proof of postage receipt.

I’ve heard nothing. When I sent my PIP forms back I received a text message from DWP to confirm receipt. Is this the same for ESA?

I’m not sure whether to call ESA to check they received the forms back. My deadline to send the form back is in a week.

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,312 Championing

I'm not aware of them sending texts once they receive the form. The form would have been returned straight to the assessment providers. If you know who are doing the assessments in your area you can ring them to ask if they've received it. Please do not ring ESA because the won't be able to help you.

• BlindBat
    BlindBat Community member Posts: 13 Listener

Thanks Poppy, I’ll have to investigate!

It’s strange not to get a confirmation of receipt because the outcome of them not receiving the form by the deadline is to stop your ESA payments I think?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,312 Championing

In all the years I've been claiming ESA I've never received any texts with any updates. So unless they changed that now I wouldn't expect any texts. Yes, your ESA could stop if the form isn't received but you have proof you posted it, which is all you need.