Appealing PIP - husband had stroke and memory loss and I couldnt speak for him — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing PIP - husband had stroke and memory loss and I couldnt speak for him

Dorothy1952
Dorothy1952 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello Just came across this by accident must be fate it's my birthday and having a badrink time with disability issues they tried to change my husbands DLA TO PIP but stopped it altogether so now having to appeal 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @Dorothy1952

Welcome to the community, and happy birthday!

Sorry to hear your having a bad time. We have lots of people on here who have been through the process. There's lots of conversations in our DLA/PIP group.  Have you already gone through the reconsideration process? 

• Dorothy1952
    Dorothy1952 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes we have gone through reconsideration prosses and they would not budge when I went with my husband the examiner would not let me speak and I wanted to tell her my husband has a memory problem due to a stroke and that I had power of attorney for him due to his memory she said it was him she was examining not me and I had to remain quiet despite I knew his answers were wrong 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dorothy1952 welcome to the community, this seems terribly unfair if you know that part of your husband's impairment is memory problems and confusion!

We have lots of info here about PIP appeals, do you have any questions in particular that we can try and help you with?

We understand that PIP appeals are stressful, but remember that around 60% of people who appeal, win their case.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.