DLA and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA and PIP

Options
JonPJude5
JonPJude5 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hya am currently receiving DLA but its due for a review in September this year i have been suffering with very bad Mental pain i have no support worker shall i put a claim for Pip now i need some help thanks

Comments

• nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    IF I WAS YOU, I WOULD HANG ON TO YOUR DLA  WHAT YOU ARE GETTING, UNTIL YOU HAVE TO,CHANGE, YOUR BEST BET IN THE TIME YOU HAVE GOT BEFORE SEP, GET DR, HOSPITAL, LETTERS, OR ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU, THE MORE INFORMATION YOU COLLECT THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES, HAVE A READ OF ALL THE STORYS ON HERE, IT WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @JonPJude5

I agree with Nan.  Hang on to your DLA as long as possible.  You don't want to have to go through PIP until you have to. The transition DLA to PIP isn't always smooth.
  • WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Options
    They will send you a letter as to when your required to apply for PIP. So until then hold your horses
  • suebabe
    suebabe Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hang on for along as you can x it's a nightmare to change get your doctor to get you a community phyciatric nurse as soon as possible they can support you plus get as much proof of your illness as you can they ask stupid questions plus make sure you take someone with you to support you. I've got borderline personality disorder bordering on the phycosis plus fibromyalgia and I took my carer with me to mine believe me you need support for this 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.