Rise of unemployment for disabled people in Tower Hamlets — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rise of unemployment for disabled people in Tower Hamlets

Options
habibahmed
habibahmed Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I seriously believe that every disabled people don't get the chance to work in some organisations in Tower Hamlets, I suffer from epilepsy but I never get the chance to be valued in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets by letting me work for any organisations in the Tower Hamlets Communities.  My MP Mr Jim Fitzpatrick of Poplar & Limehouse doesn't want to recognise me, acknowledge me or for me to be valued member of Tower Hamlets Community, that is really unfair and unreasonable behaviour towards me.  

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi @habibahmed,
    Sorry to hear about your feelings I live in Hackney not far away from Tower Hamlets.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with your MP and recognition of your personality and disability at the same time. 
    Personally, I think  that but living  in Tower Hamlets you are already a member of it community. And just to mention you are valued person even for yourself.
    You should feel it. Do not wait for other people to say it to you.
    In each person there is valuable skills, talents and I do believe you could share them within local communities/ charities. 
    Stand up for yourself and show them what you can do and how strong you are. 
    And just to mention privately I am not big fun of MP's and to earn my trust the miracle would have to happen first here in UK. 

Bye the way you did not said if you are female or male. 
    There is 2 group projects which just formed by locals in Hackney. 
    Let me know if you are female or male you may be able to join one of them for coffee morning in spare time. One of the project is mostly for female the other for both gender. 

Do not give up and trust more  yourself. 
    If you need more chat replay below. 

Iza 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.