pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

Options
geraldineanthony
geraldineanthony Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My son was stopped his pip he is sixteen with A.DHD And Autism... but because he didn't want to be labelled told the he could do things he still can't do we have been working on it but it's always a disaster and I can't cope with stress as I am bipola and and got damage from the meds and CFS I can't move hardle I drop my legs won't carry me . I am not claiming for my CFS ... and waiting on a tribunal for my son's pip . We can no longer go out of socialize my son as I have no money iv been job searching but no one will take me ... I worked in care for teens for the council but not been offered any work because they seen me having a brake down ... I am lost and don't want to wake up in the morning I just wish I was dead . But I have to keep trying for the kids .Help 

Comments

• cottonbrain
    cottonbrain Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    @geraldineanthony have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration? Maybe you could explain your worries when writing that up, if not maybe speak to the DWP and ask for another face to face and accompany your son to it, just suggestions I'm not an expert but stay strong I'm sure someone on here can help you more than I can, best of luck x
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @geraldineanthony Hello and welcome to the community. I too have a son who won't accept he has a mental health problem but he has been diagnosed with learning difficulites. He had a face to face assessment in 2011 for ESA. He answered yes or no in all the right places and like your son said he could do things he cannot do. He scored 0 points. I collected as much written evidence as I could and sent it in with a letter I wrote as his appointee and he signed. I went with him to a Tribunal (they didn't have Mandatory Reconsiderations then) and he scored 48 points. Not only that but the decision had been made before we went in. I'm not saying it would be as easy now but anything's possible if you put your mind to it. You sound like you need help with this. The CAB are very good and I think they do home visits. They may be busy but you have time on your side if you're waiting for an Appeal date. Please hang on in there and a benefit advisor will be along soon to help....X   
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello geraldineanthony

This is a very difficult situation and we will ask someone to contact you. Please bear with us as i'm not exactly sure when that will be.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.