Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reconsideration

Options
aries
aries Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
Hi all, could I please ask if anyone has had a decision over turned via a mandatory reconsideration request? 
Many thanks
Aries

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    I have, yes. Went from 0 points on mobility to 12 and 4 points on care to 11.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @aries I have too but it wasn't easy. It helps if you complain to the assessment company and also get more evidence and write a letter with good reasons why you dispute what you got referring to your evidence and again good reasons why you should be given more points. I didn't win the MR I fought to get them to look at my claim again and went from 10 to 14 points on mobility and 8 to 10 points on Daily Living (still some work to do but I don't want to go to Appeal). Good Luck with yours.
  • aries
    Options
    Thank you for the replies!
    so it is a possibility that it can be overturned?
    thank you for the advice and I will sort out my evidence. 
    I'll keep you posted 
    Aries

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes it can be overturned. I've heard that generally it's not that successful and most do go to tribunal. But as you can see from my reply, some people do win.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @Aries, After my Reconsideration when my award was kept the same I booked a call back from a Decision Maker who was much nicer than I expected and after asking all the questions I had prepared before hand I got an agreement to look at it again. You can do this anytime right up to the Tribunal. Why I mentioned an ATOS/CAPITA complaint is because at each review of your claim your documents are returned to the assessment company where a different "Health Professional" looks at it to  decide whether the original points suggested were correct. If they know you've complained it helps to get this done properly using your evidence which they appear to ignore otherwise. Also you can carry on getting evidence and writing letters right up to Appeal provided you've got the Decision Makers on your side to keep your claim alive at their end. DM's can't make any medical decisions so it's important to know how the system works and work with it instead of fighting against it.
  • aries
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.  I'm just in the process of sending another complaints letter to CAPITA with a cover letter explaining that they need to act on this and recognise I have sent another complaint. I have added that I will be contacting a solicitor if they do not do this (advice given). It takes me a while but with help I'm hoping that this will be sent Monday recorded delivery. 
    Thanks Again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.