Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Breast Cancer and PIP tribunals — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Breast Cancer and PIP tribunals

Options
shazzyb
shazzyb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• shazzyb
    shazzyb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi my name is Sharon I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in 2000, then diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in about 2011 I had managed to continue work with these illnesses until I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015 after this I was off sick so during this time my brother was awarded PIP for Fibromyalgia and suggested I try and apply so I did I had a home visit this was in between my second operation and the start of my chemo I explained how my fibromyalgia affects my life and the impact from the operations had had,  I waited for the response I was turned down so I spoke to macmillan who then put a reconsideration in again I was turned down so I was advised to appeal which I did I I had my date which was about 1 month after I had completed chemo again I was turned down,  my representative from macmillan advised  that a wait a while and then put a fresh claim in which again I did because  by then I had finished my treatments which have now had a big impact on my fibromyalgia also I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis in my spine I had a home visit/assessment again turned down also again turned down from the reconsideration so now I am waiting to attend my second appeal which is next week I so angry with whole system and on top of all that I was finished from work on the grounds of capability due to ill health but I'm not silly it came down to finance and me having a number of health issues so I have one side saying I have not got a disability and capable to work and the other saying I am not capable of working I am now trying to fight the pip system and my ex-employer who are county council so if this is how they treat their employees then social care stand no chance I I am now waiting till next week to try and get something x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI @shazzyb welcome to the community, Im sorry to hear about your situation.  I have Ulcerative Colitis too and a permanent ostomy bag.  

It's good you are getting the support of Macmillan but such a shame that you are in this position. You could also speak to Citizens Advice or the Law Centre if you felt like you need more support for your tribunal.

There is lots of information here about going to tribunal that might be of help to you.

This is a lovely community with lots of experience so do jump in and get involved.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @shazzyb,

How are you? I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're in regarding PIP. Have you heard any more news about your claim?
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.