Here are a few reasons why I am cheerful — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Here are a few reasons why I am cheerful

Geoark
Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
I have a new writing project i am collaborating with my daughter on. We plan to publish later this year to raise awareness of disability.

I have a job which I love and they actually pay me to do it.

I have a website which I've been trying to figure out what to do with and finally decided what I want to do with it.

I recently returned to an old hobby and enjoying it.

My daughter actually enjoys spending time with me and we are doing some things together the next few days.

I have a lot more pluses in my life than negatives, which includes the sciatica steadily getting worse.

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic @Geoark   :)

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    That's Brilliant Doing something you love is so important to being Happy. I miss my job a lot. But I have found other things in life that make me happy. Its all I have left sometimes. Well done mate. @Geoark
  • Geoark
    Thank you @SeanRyan. I have been extremely fortunate in the opportunities which presented themselves to me and to be surrounded by people who believe in me.

The writing project has been put on hold, it was a little more ambitious than we had originally thought.The last couple of weeks have been difficult, as my glasses fell apart and coping with reading glasses which is not ideal, but picking new ones up on Thursday, varifocal and a set specifically for computer work.

I agree finding something you enjoy or even love doing makes a huge difference to happiness and satisfaction. I am glad to hear you have found such things in your life.

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Sorry it's been put on hold, broken glasses are very annoying!

Let us know what you're intending...... Sounds great! 
  • Geoark

Thanks @mossycow there were a number of considerations we had not considered, but the more we considered the project so issues came up. Changes at work has meant I would not have had the time to commit to it. We are going to look at it again over Christmas to decide if we still want to go ahead, and to set some targets if we do.

• Geoark
    Finally got confirmation that my promotion has gone through and the new contract has been signed off.

Work is very busy at the moment, including some weekends working so I don't have as much time to get on here as I would like, but try to jump on when I can.

One cloud on the horizon is that we will be undergoing a major restructure later this year or next year and may not have a job afterwards. As this is something I cannot change I plan to just make the most of the opportunities in front of my and worry about this later on.

Brightness